Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fun with Birds

I've always been a bird lover, and I've been having fun being creative with birds lately.  My sister is getting married next weekend, and they are having pies instead of cake, so I decorated these two pie birds for them.


Recently I repainted my bathroom.  It has a very strange ceiling with many oddly shaped panes.  One in particular bugged me.  It is just above eye level and straight ahead when you walk in.  It always felt like it should be decorated somehow., but I could never think of anything that was the right shape.  I finally decided on a peacock.  I looked at lots of pictures and finally just made up my own version of one.  I love that the copper paint shimmers in the sunlight (there is a skylight right above it).  Here is the result.  I'm pretty pleased with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment