Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Winter Travels Require New Bags

     I haven't blogged in ages, but I've been busy.  My family and I went on vacation in December, touring some European Christmas markets.  It was a fabulous trip.  For further details, see my travel blog:
http://rainsongtravels.blogspot.com/

     I needed a new shoulder bag for my trip, and I couldn't find one that was just right, so I decorated my own.  I started with a simple messenger bag.


Then I added scraps of velvet and brocade, and lots of lace.


I found black and white photos from the places I would be visiting, and printed them on fabric which I appliqued onto pinked felt to make my own patches.


I think my bag looked pretty fab when it was finished...


...and I've gotten quite a few compliments!

No comments:

Post a Comment