Monday, February 13, 2012

Lavender Valentines

This year I decided to make lavender goat milk soaps and lavender lip balms for the valentine exchange at work.  I melted soap base and added lavender essential oil before pouring it in heart-shaped molds.  To make lip balm, I mixed sweet almond oil, beeswax, aloe vera and vitamin E with laveder essential oil and a little bit of stevia for sweetener.  I used a fun paper to make labels for the tubes of lip balm, and then wraped them up with the soaps in a piece of tulle tied with ribbons and a heart-shaped tag.  I hope everyone at work likes them!
Papers, tulle, and ribbons to decorate

Melting the beeswax and sweet almond oil for the lip balm

 Soap hardening in the mold

 Lip balms cooling in the tubes

Pretty heart-shaped soaps

Striped paper for lip balm labels

Labeled lip balms

The finished products



1 comment: